Pure-Lua library to validate ISBN numbers, correct invalid checksums, format them using the standard arrangement of hyphens, compare them for equivalence, and extract individual parts of the value. Handles ISBN-10 and ISBN-13, as well as ISSN codes.
Source code available on Gitorious.
Released 9 October 2008. Download lua-isbn-1.3.tar.gz.
- Additional prefixes for Thailand, Ukraine, and Malawi.
- New prefix for Syria and Luxembourg.
- Refined prefix ranges for Sri Lanka and Nicaragua.
Released 20 April 2008. Download lua-isbn-1.2.tar.gz.
- The constructor function ‘new’ has been replaced with calling the module itself as a function. The old method is still supported for backwards compatibility, but is now deprecated.
- New group codes for Afghanistan, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Netherlands.
- Updated ranges for Colombia, German speaking area, Ukraine.
- Add new ‘issn’ module to support validating and normalizing ISSN codes.
- Fix accidental setting of global variable ‘err’.
- Switch test suite from Lunit 0.3 to Lunit 0.4alpha.
Released 12 December 2007. Download lua-isbn-1.1.tar.gz.
- New group codes for Bahrain, Malta, Mexico, Romania.
- Updated ranges for Russia, Singapore.
- Much less test data to make the source packages a lot smaller. The 100,000 ISBNs were not really necessary.
Released 7 September 2007. Download lua-isbn-1.0.tar.gz.
- Initial release.